Where the climate favors vine-growing, culture is born.
Vineyard cultivation was a tradition for Bairaktaris’ family that passed from one generation to the next, learning how to care for the land and its fruits with unconditional love and affection. In 2005, however, Christos Bairaktaris decided to give a more modern form to this family tradition. This is how Domaine Bairaktaris was born. It is a family business based on its own vineyards, rooted in the plain of Nemea where the wonderful ecosystem and microclimate of the area, combined with the clayey, fertile soil, gives the famous wines of Nemea.
The philosophy of Domaine Bairaktaris lies in the natural cultivation of the vineyards, as a high-quality wine is based on the excellent grape quality. We follow natural vinification methods, for both white and red varieties, without fermentation additives so that our wines have richer aromas from the grapes and a longer shelf life.
Coming from Nemea, a place that thrives perhaps the most important Greek red variety and is the largest wine-producing zone in the country, we believe in Agiorgitiko's dynamic and its ability to evolve over the years. Our logic is to create wines with unaltered character of the place, wines that express its authenticity.
Domaine Bairaktaris has a total vineyard area of approximately 17 hectares, of which 5 are white varieties and 12 are red. Approximately 85% of its production is based on privately owned vineyards and the remaining 15% by cooperating producers - mainly to produce the Moschofilero.
Vineyards span in different areas of Nemea with a different microclimate and mainly on mountain slopes to have the best water drainage possible. In these ideal conditions that the area offers us, the planting is dense so that the vines compete, with a deep root system and large foliage which results in a low yield per hectare but also a maximum quality of the fruit.
For Bairaktaris’ family, the achievement of a natural wine begins with the care and cultivation of the vine.
- Value for money